Former Azzurri international Gianluca Vialli is leading a group of investors who are close to buying Serie A club Sampdoria, according to reports in Italy on Thursday (Aug 22). Gianluca Vialli won six trophies with Sampdoria during the club’s golden era AFP/VALERY HACHE Club owner Massimo Ferrero’s group have signed a letter of intent with Vialli’s consortium to conduct exclusive negotiations until September for the transfer of ownership, Sky Sport Italia and Gazzetta Dello Sport reported. The CalcioInvest consortium of Vialli and businessman American Jamie Dinan and Russian-born Alex Knaster, are close to agreeing a deal valuing the club at 100 million euros (US$110 million). If the transaction went through Vialli would take over as club president with full operational powers in club management. Vialli played for Sampdoria from 1984 to 1992 during the club’s golden era. The 55-year-old helped Sampdoria to their only Serie A title in 1991, the Cup Winners’ Cup and three Italian Cups. He moved to Juventus in 1992 and played for the Turin giants for four seasons, winning Serie A and the Champions League before moving to Premier League side Chelsea. Vialli also scored 16 goals in 59 games for Italy before going on to… Read full this story
- ProHealth suspends classes, fairs, groups; closes West Wood
- Serie A ready to finish season without fans in stadiums?
- Coronavirus: Sampdoria president says Serie A season 'must end here'
- Serie A to impose 33-percent pay cut for players, coaches
- Stephon Gilmore Makes Donation To Boys & Girls Club Of Boston To Feed Families In Need
- Items slashed by 94 per cent, no customers and mannequins piled high: Inside Topshop's final Australian store before it closed its doors for good
- Former Italy international Gianluca Vialli given all-clear from pancreatic cancer
- Gianluca Vialli receives all-clear after lengthy cancer treatment
- Serie A clubs agree 33 per cent wage cuts amid coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus: Serie A clubs banned from team training until at least April 13
Vialli group close to buying Serie A club Sampdoria have 330 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.