The HCM University of Science and Technology has become familiar with residents in the southern province of Ben Tre. Students help build bridges to a better life Students build school for poor children Volunteer project improving life in poor areas People travel on the U Bridge which was built nearly 20 years ago by students of the University of Science and Technology. — Photo tienphong.vn Over the past 20 years, student volunteers of the university have built hundreds of bridges in the province. From wooden temporary bridges, they now have strong concrete ones helping them in daily life and work. Le Van Son, former chairman of Long My Commune’s People’s Committee, has worked closely with the university’s students since they built the U Bridge in Linh Quy Village, Long My Commune in Giong Trom District. The U Bridge, which was built in 2003, is more than 70m in length and 2.2m in width. It cost more than VND100 million (US$4,300) from sponsors. More than 30 students of the university and dozens of local residents helped build the bridge. It was completed after one month. Son’s house is about several hundred metres from the bridge, so he understands its importance. Son… Read full this story
- Africa: Google's Project Loon Balloons to Beam High-Speed Internet to Rural Africa
- Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf Scientist?
- In a word: Girls – be careful!
- Social News 21/4
- When School Gets Real: Teachers Connect Classroom Lessons to Current Events
- Their dad killed himself on the farm where he was born. They hope his story will save others
- Invasion, bombing, rebuilding changed character of island's capital
- Kent, Sukup and Iowa Corn give $14 million for new ISU feed, grain complex
- Nigeria: Police Rescue Abducted Mikel Obi's Father
- Kenya: K'ogelo Readies for Obama Visit, but Big Bro Malik Is Least Bothered
Students build bridges in rural areas with love have 318 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.