The event was jointly organised by ASEAN Committee in Caracas and the embassy of Vietnam in Venezuela aiming to mark the 52nd founding anniversary of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
In his opening speech, Dao Thanh Chung, Vietnamese Ambassador to Venezuela, highlighted the milestones that ASEAN has reached over the last 52 years, the stable economic growth enjoyed by ASEAN members, and the group’s total GDP, which is estimated to be at US$2.6 trillion.
He also praised the benefits enjoyed since the implementation of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025.
Chung extended his sincere thanks to staff from ASEAN member embassies, in addition to Venezuela’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who are taking part in the sports exchange in order to promote solidarity and friendship.
A team representing Venezuela’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs won the first prize at the ASEAN Invitational Bowling Tournament 2019.
Two teams from the embassies of Malaysia and Vietnam came in second and third place, respectively.
After the award presentation, visitors had the chance to sample some traditional food from Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
- Singapore moves to galvanise Asean efforts in cybersecurity
- Asean cyberlaw still some way to go
- Share a Digital Contact Card Right After You Exchange Business Cards
- The 2017 Lexus IS 350 F Sport Gets Points For Existing But Doesn't Take The Trophy
- Pole Dancing Is Getting Closer to Being an Olympic Sport
- ESPN+ launches $4.99 sports streaming service from Disney
- Facebook wants to get into the game with Sports Stadium
- World Cup Soccer Stats Erase The Sport's Most Dominant Players: Women
- 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Ultimate: The Jalopnik Review
- The 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid Really Does Feel Related To The NSX