Thousands of Wolverhampton Wanderers supporters howled a well-known four-letter word at VAR on Monday (Aug 19) while their team’s manager pleaded for a solution to prevent the video review system sucking the passion out of Premier League football. Gabriel Jesus’s late strike for Manchester City was ruled out by VAR in a 2-2 draw with Tottenham. (AFP/Lindsey Parnaby) Making its debut in the English top flight this season, the Video Assistant Referee system deprived Wolves of a goal against Leicester City in their opening 0-0 away draw. The Molineux faithful made their disparaging views on VAR abundantly clear during a heart-stopping couple of minutes in Monday’s 1-1 draw at home to Manchester United when play was stopped to check on Ruben Neves’ second-half equaliser. Though the goal was allowed, and a possible offside by Joao Moutinho discounted, Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo still fretted afterwards that VAR was killing the game’s passion. “What I’m afraid is we will be afraid to celebrate the goal,” he said. “This energy at Molineux, the sound, this atmosphere, you cannot lose it. They have to find a solution for it, please do it.” United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said a VAR review had been… Read full this story
- VAR Is Turning Everyone Into Cops
- What Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told Paul Pogba to help Man Utd star get over PSG red
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer trusts Fred to fill Paul Pogba void
- VAR Is Making A Mess Of The Champions League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confident Fred can step up to replace injured Paul Pogba for Man Utd
- Fred can fill Paul Pogba void at Manchester United - Solskjaer
- VAR denies Leander Dendoncker and Wolves in goalless draw at Leicester City
- Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backs Fred, Andreas Pereira in absence of Paul Pogba.
- The DeanBeat: Sorting out the Epic-Unity-Improbable mess
- Early Man Utd squad news as De Gea set to miss Chelsea clash – Martial and Rashford in
Sort out VAR, plead Nuno and Solskjaer have 340 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.