Bac Kan (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on August 24 attended a ceremony to mark the 70th anniversary of liberation of the northern province of Bac Kan (August 24, 1949-2019).
Speaking at the event, PM Phuc highlighted the significance of the ceremony, saying that it marks the 70-year historical journey of the struggle for national liberation, construction and development of the locality – a strong revolution base of Vietnam in the past.
He praised the strong and comprehensive development and crucial achievements recorded by the province and its integration efforts , describing these as important contributions to the national construction and defence.
The PM asked the local authorities to pay attention to addressing difficulties facing the province in education-training, health care, human resources development, poverty reduction, towards creating impetus for further promoting Bac Kan's development.
The locality should fully tap its potential and strength, as well as mobilise and effectively use resources, accelerate economic restructuring, enhance application of science and technology in order to improve agricultural and forest productivity and quality, PM Phuc said.
Attention should be paid to expanding the development of mining, processing and manufacturing industries, handicraft sector, as well tourism and service, he added.
The leader also required the local authorities to focus on completing planning of transport infrastructure development, and policies of investment attraction; improving business environment, promoting administrative reform, building e-government; preventing corruption and reducing waste.-VNA
Comprehensive development is also done across fields of culture, society, health, education, training, environmental protection, he stressed.-VNA
- Academy of Courntry Music to take over North Texas for 50th anniversary in 2015
- Yogi Berra, D-Day veteran, honored on 70th anniversary
- PRESS RELEASE: Kyle Petty Charity Ride announces 21st anniversary route
- National Assembly Chairwoman visits Military Zone 1
- D-Day landings: Remembering the Battle of Berjou
- Who’s who in Boris Johnson’s first cabinet
- Fay Vincent Gets The Last Word
- Kansas batboy who died in accident laid to rest
- Kansas batboy who died in on-field accident laid to rest
- Barn-find collection heads to auction at Retromobile
- French WWII resistance hero Raymond Aubrac dies aged 97
- Favorite Australia wins English Derby
PM attends Bac Kan’s 70th liberation anniversary have 358 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.