The only parts that make up this Hanoi-Dong Dang train are the driver’s compartment, two passenger cars – only one of which is air-conditioned – and an archaic freight car. The train departs from Long Bien station on weekdays and from Hanoi Train Station on weekends to Dong Dang town in Lang Son province. Tickets for a seat on the priciet part of this train, which is the air-conditioned car with cushioned chairs, are sold at a “whopping” VND89,000 (about US$3.8). The route is 162km long, treading across Hanoi, Bac Ninh, Bac Giang and Lang Son, stopping at every halts to hopefully come across passengers. The barely occupied platforms. Photo: SGGP/MINH PHONG The mostly empty passenger cars. Photo: SGGP/MINH PHONG When the train paused at Pho Trang stop near Bac Giang province, the spirits of boarding passengers seemed almost as stagnant as the air in those empty cars. Only when a woman climbed aboard with five quacking ducks did the scene lightened up a bit, and everyone’s sluggish mood seemingly faded, albeit for just a short while. On average, each daily trip can pick up some dozen passengers. “I always wait till we reach the final station to count the… Read full this story
- Mixed results for travel giants TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet
- A Feeble Economy Makes it More Essential to Consider an Exceptional Moving company
- Taxes too high where you live? It’s time to vote with your feet
- Connecting Brisbane to Major Cities around the World
- They Don’t Call It Big Sky (Montana) For Nothing!
- Global Geogrids Market Size, Shares, analysis & trends up to 2020
- El Paso County mails ballots for Nov. 5 election
- Winter is here and the Dragon landed in EU
- Mobile workforce management - allowing for remote worker control
- Parliament debates Rinne govt's first budget proposal
Lonely railroads: The feeble revenue have 316 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.