Mohamed Salah-inspired Liverpool laid down an emphatic early-season marker as they outplayed Arsenal on Saturday (Aug 24) to win 3-1 and ensure they are the only team left in the Premier League with a 100 percent record. Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah scored a stunner against Arsenal. (Photo: AFP/Ben Stansall) The European champions were in full cry at their Anfield fortress with two second-half goals from Salah ensuring they have a maximum nine points from three matches while they also ended Arsenal’s own perfect league record. On another eventful afternoon in England’s top-flight, Manchester United suffered more woe from the penalty spot as they went down to a shock home defeat to Crystal Palace and Frank Lampard celebrated his first win as Chelsea manager at Norwich City. Attention, though, centred on the day’s late match between the two heavyweights who had won their first two games but it turned into a demonstration of Liverpool’s strength as they equalled a 29-year-old club record with a 12th straight league win. Liverpool dominated once Joel Matip headed home from a corner four minutes before halftime, with Salah, seeking to be the Premier League’s top scorer for the third successive year, then taking over after the… Read full this story
- Liverpool's record deal DONE as medical set for World Cup goalkeeper: reports
- Liverpool youngster Woodburn joins Sheffield United on loan
- Liverpool to add former Manchester United goalkeeping coach to backroom staff
- Roundup: Placer survives Rounds’ stellar game, three others close with perfect record
- Cheika's perfect record over the Pumas under genuine threat
- Warnock enjoyed 'poetic justice' of Kenedy's penalty woe
- Jurgen Klopp unconcerned by his and Liverpool's records in finals: 'The more you try, the more likely you will do it'
- Premier League odds, Matchday 2: Chelsea vs. Arsenal, Liverpool at Palace and Manchester United at Brighton
- On campus: RCC football team now has perfect record after forfeit by Fullerton
- Uruguay tops Russia & Group A with perfect record
Liverpool keep perfect record, more penalty woe for United have 338 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.