After the meeting, the prime minister asked the Ministry of Internal Affairs to instruct Kien Giang Province to build a report on the proposal for the submission to the Politburo in the third quarter of this year.
Phu Quoc Island District
Once approved, Phu Quoc will be Vietnam’s first island city.
In terms of Phu Quoc International Airport’s terminal expansion, the government leader urged the province to draft an investment report for consideration.
Meanwhile, the provincial people’s committee has been assigned to make a list of households which are living within Phu Quoc National Park as well as those using land within the area. In case of violations detected, authorities will work with the ministries of Natural Resources and Environment and Agriculture and Rural Development for resettlement.
At present, Phu Quoc Island District is attracting large amounts of investment and tourism development.
Earlier, the Ministry of Construction has advocated Kien Giang’s recommendation to put a major plan to turn Phu Quoc Island into a special economic zone on hold, saying that this was not appropriate at present and is not in line with the prevailing regulations on planning.
- Kien Giang transforms abundant natural endowments into a new magnet for investment
- Kien Giang approves 20 projects worth total $2 billion
- Smart city control centre opens on Phu Quoc Island
- Discover Vietnam's hidden paradise island for an A-list getaway in Phu Quoc Island
- Perfect time to invest in Phu Quoc Real Estate
- InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort honoured at World Travel Awards 2018
- Ha Giang province gets ready for love market festival
- Rs 29,647-crore proposals for 'Smart City' project; Mumbai's lowest
- 120kg shipment of cocaine seized in Tien Giang
- Retail revolution: should cities ban chain stores?