Heavy rains will batter Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces in southern Vietnam from now throughout this holiday weekend because of the storm Podul, according to weather forecasters.
It rained cats and dogs while gusty winds blew strongly in Ho Chi Minh City, Kien Giang Province, Ca Mau Province, Hau Giang Province, Can Tho City, An Giang Province, Dong Thap Province, Tay Ninh Province, Dong Nai Province, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, and others.
Rainfall will reach 100-150mm on Sunday, just ahead of National Day on Monday.
Heavier rains will strike the Central Highlands, with a rainfall of 150-250mm.
It will be rainy from the morning to the evening, accompanied by strong winds and lightning.
The core of the tropical storm Podul was 460km off the shoreline of the localities from Nghe An Province to Quang Tri Province on Thursday afternoon, packing winds at 90km per hour and counting.
The national weather service forecasts that the storm will make landfall in this region with the same wind strength on Friday afternoon.
This forecast is no different than warnings given by agencies from the U.S., Hong Kong, and Japan.
The storm Podul strengthened from a low-pressure system to the west of the Philippines on August 26 evening.
It hit the East Vietnam Sea on Wednesday morning, becoming the fourth storm to strike the waterway this year.
In 2019, nine to eleven storms and tropical depressions are expected to batter the sea, with three to four affecting mainland Vietnam.
- It's the hottest August Bank Holiday weekend ever! Temperatures soar to a record 92F as revellers don their bikinis at Leeds Festival and sunseekers pack themselves onto Britain's beaches - and it could be even warmer today
- Bureau of Meteorology forecasts rain for Australia's firegrounds
- Your Beacon Hill Weather: Rain, Thunderstorms All Weekend?
- More than 500mm of rain falls in a single day in parts of Northern Territory
- Weekend Storm Could Bring Light Snow To Boston Area
- Asian Games football bronze medal slips through Vietnam’s gasp after UAE shootout defeat
- Southbury's Labor Day Weekend Weather Forecast Takes A Turn For The Worse
- Glastonbury 2013 weather forecast: pack your wellies and sunglasses
- Cold spell to bring low temperature, unseasonal rain to southern Vietnam this week
- Prospects of Vietnam’s stock market in 2020
- UK weather forecast – Saharan plume to spark 26C Indian summer after Hurricane Dorian brings rain and wind
- Bonney Lake-Sumner Weekend Weather Forecast
It is forecast to rain heavily through holiday weekend in Vietnam have 408 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.