Australia’s Thanasi Kokkinakis, the injury-plagued world number 212, was on Wednesday (Aug 14) handed the final wildcard for this year’s US Open which gets underway in New York on Aug 26.
|Thanasi Kokkinakis (right) after beating Roger Federer in Miami in 2018. (AFP/AL BELLO)|
Kokkinakis, 23, reached a career high of 69 in 2015 but his progress has stalled due to a series of injuries in recent years.
Despite that, he famously defeated Roger Federer in the second round of the Miami Masters in 2018.
Kokkinakis has played in the main draw at the US Open on two occasions, losing in the first round in 2015 and 2017.
He benefits from a reciprocal agreement between the US and Australian federations which reserve a wildcard spot in their respective Grand Slam events for a player from each nation.
- Black Desert Final Open Beta Date Revealed
- Final Open Beta For Black Desert On Xbox One Begins February 14th
- Final Open Beta for Black Desert on Xbox Runs February 14
- Raptors take NBA Finals opener, beat Warriors 118-109
- Cleveland Browns beat injury-plagued Broncos 17-16
- Retractable roof finally opens up in Atlanta
- Inside The Nitehawk Prospect Park, Finally Opening Tonight In Park Slope
- The New Nitehawk Is Finally Opening In Brooklyn's Old Pavilion Theater
- Season Finally Opening At Maine’s Oxford Plains
- Reminder: The Final Free Open Beta For Black Desert Is Live