During a reception for President of the Cuban Committee for the Defence of the Revolution Carlos Rafael Miranda Martinez on August 22, Dung highlighted the close relations between Vietnam and Cuba, saying HCM City hopes to expand cooperation with Cuba in biotechnology, healthcare, education and tourism.
|Delegations of Cuba and Ho Chi Minh city posing for a joint photo|
She congratulated Cuba on its recent development achievements, while briefing Cuban delegates on HCM City’s socio-economic situation in recent times.
In the heart of every Vietnamese, Cuba has always been a brother by birth, and a flag of socialism, Dung said.
The municipal official expressed her belief that the Cuban delegation’s visit to Vietnam will contribute to tightening the solidarity between the two parties, states and peoples.
For his part, the Cuban official detailed his country’s socio-economic development, saying that Cuba is focused on promoting economic development and protecting its revolutionary achievements.
He expressed praise for the Vietnam Fatherland Front, saying the Cuban Committee for the Defence of the Revolution has done similar work to promote Cuba’s development.
- HCM City, Japan’s Miyagi prefecture seek ways to deepen partnership
- HCM City, US seek to boost ties in human resources development
- Winners named in HCM City Tour Guide contest
- Consuls general updated on special policies for HCM City’s development
- HCM City needs new housing policy for low-, mid-income households
- HCM City holds dialogue with construction companies
- Circus artists to dazzle HCM City and Da Nang
- HCM City to transfer waste depots
- HCM City studies new technologies in Germany
- HCM City: Luxury real estate attractive to Chinese investors