Thang Long Bridge in Hanoi has continued facing deterioration due to surface damage. The 3-kilometre bridge with the construction started in 1974 was put into operation in 1985. To date, the bridge has been repaired dozens of times, costing millions of USD. Over recent years, the bridge surface has severely deteriorated with potholes, affecting traffic. Many potholes are from three to five metres long. A long crack in the middle of the bridge The bridge serves a large number of vehicles per day as it is the northern gateway of the city Cracks and holes pose risks for vehicles Big pieces of steel are used to deal with holes at some sections of the bridge Following a recent inspection of the bridge, Transport Minister Nguyen Van The said that it was in urgent need of repair. He instructed to kick off the repair work early 2020 The ministry would oversee a survey of the bridge and consider the best solution for the work, The added.
- Traces of Red River civilization in Thang Long culture
- Events in Hanoi & HCM City on September 30- Octorber 6
- Thick haze showcases worsening Hanoi air pollution
- Folk festival in downtown Hanoi
- Hanoi rejects land use adjustment in Ciputra urban area
- Gateway to Hanoi jammed as people return from New Year holiday
- Golden Gate Bridge Suicide Nets Delayed Two Years
- Air pollution: Hanoi authorities mute on 'silent assassin'
- Vinh Phuc invests 8.2 million USD in upgrading bridges
- Ton Duc Thang Museum to be rebuilt in HCM City
Deterioration of Hanoi’s Thang Long Bridge continues have 258 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.