Nguyen Van Duc who is now 19 years old has been living with the disease for five years. He has been taken to leading hospitals, including Bach Mai and Viet Duc hospitals, in Hanoi for the treatment.
The boy has has been saved from pulmonary Langerhans’ cell histiocytosis thanks to a donation of Dantri/DTiNews readers
Nguyen Thi Thuan, Duc’s mother, from Hong Quang Commune, Thanh Mien District, recalled hard days to take the boy to hospital despite the family’s financial difficulties. Duc’s father had to come to Hanoi to work as a builder with a small income of VND5 million (USD217.39) per month to support his wife to take care of their son. Sometimes, without money to buy meals, they even had to abstain from food. In the middle of 2018, the boy’s condition worsened. Doctors at Bach Mai Hospital believed he could only live for a short time. His family even prepared a photo for his funeral. At that time, luckily, doctors informed of a donated lung which suited Duc. The transplant fees were very costly. Meanwhile, the couple could borrow VND11 million. Once again, they were disappointed. After the article about Duc’s condition was published on Dantri/DTiNews, many readers donated him VND800 million (USD34,782) for the transplant. Following eight-month intensive care, the boy’s heart and liver functions have recovered, while the lung has become much better without any infection.
- How a young off-duty nurse and lifelong Wiggles fan who was in the audience helped save Greg Page's life after watching him collapse on stage
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Viscountess Weymouth and her husband send team from Longleat to Australia to help save koalas caught up in raging bushfires
- Seth Rogen Secretly Helped Rewrite Bad Boys II
- Vaping-related lung disease cases reach 530 as FDA opens criminal investigation
- Dogs are helping save Florida's citrus groves from a devastating disease
- 'My battle to ensure NO ONE dies needlessly like my brilliant boy': Father of Cambridge University student, 24, who died after a freak cardiac arrest in swimming pool makes profoundly moving appeal to help save others
- Qantas ‘shame’: ‘My poor boy suffered a terrible death’
- Bionic neurons that mimic how nerve cells convey electrical signals could help overcome paralysis and chronic diseases including Alzheimer's
- Arizona police officer helps save distressed man on bridge after offering a hug
- Martin Lewis shares 7 New Year's resolutions that can help save you thousands