BEIJING – The Chinese Football Association (CFA) has announced a preliminary 35-man squad to prepare for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
In the roster unveiled Wednesday was Guangzhou Evergrande striker Elkeson in Marcello Lippi’s latest China squad, who became the first player without Chinese heritage to be called up for international duty.
Star forward Wu Lei, who plays for La Liga’s Espanyol, also returns to the national team fold.
Lippi and his players will assemble on September 2 in Guangzhou to prepare for the upcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, with China’s first match on September 10 against the Maldives.
Following is the complete 35-man roster:
Goalkeepers: Yan Junling (Shanghai SIPG), Zou Dehai (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Wang Dalei (Shandong Luneng Taishan), Zhang Lu (Tianjin Tianhai)
Defenders: He Guai (Shanghai SIPG), Shi Ke (Shanghai SIPG), Zhu Chenjie (Shanghai Greenland Shenhua), Wang Gang (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Li Lei (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Yang Fan (Tianjin Teda), Liao Junjian (Wuhan Zall), Zhang Linpeng (Guangzhou Evergrande Taoba), Gao Huaiyi (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Li Shuai (Dalian Professiona), Han Xuan (Henan Jianye)
Midfielders: Wu Xi (Jiangsu Suning), Abuduhaimiti (Jiangsu Suning), Xie Tengfei (Jiangsu Suning), Chi Zhongguo (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Li Ke (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Zhang Xizhe (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Hao Junmin (Shandong Luneng Taishan), Yao Junsheng (Tianjin Tianhai), Feng Jin (Chongqing Dangdai Lifan), Zheng Zhi (Guangzhou Evergrande Taoba), Huang Bowen (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Xu Xin (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Wei Shihao (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Wang Qiuming (Hebei China Fortune)
Forwards: Wang Ziming (Beijing Sinobo Guoan), Yang Xu (Tianjin Tianhai), Elkeson (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Yang Liyu (Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao), Tao Qianglong (Hebei China Fortune), Wu Lei (RCD Espanyol)
- Thiago Silva Returns to Brazil's Squad For World Cup Qualifiers
- Ghana drawn alongside South Africa, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia in 2022 World Cup qualifiers
- U.S. will qualify for 2022 World Cup, say former coaches
- Vietnam-Iraq friendly scheduled ahead of World Cup qualifier match
- Wounded Namibia to face Botswana in the second leg of the U20 Women's World Cup qualifiers
- Hazard ready to make mark on World Cup, says Martinez
- Tier-two nations' farmers and bank clerks deserve better funding and fixtures after strong World Cup performances
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Sane, Martial and 10 shock omissions from WC squads
- Berhalter hired as US soccer coach after World Cup failure
- Sornnarin Tippoch to Lead Thailand in Maiden ICC Women's T20 World Cup Appearance
- China’s first World Cup races canceled amid coronavirus concern
- Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli-led Indian team lands in London
China unveils 35-man squad for 2022 World Cup qualifiers have 393 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.