Addressing a joint press conference after talks held in Hanoi, Prime Minister Phuc said: “We are deeply concerned about the recent complicated developments in the East Sea and agree to cooperate in maintaining peace, stability, security, safety and freedom of navigation and overflight.” The East Sea is referred to internationally as the South China Sea. Morrison called for principles of international law to be upheld in the region. “Principles like freedom of navigation, freedom of overflight, to ensure nations can pursue the development opportunities which exist within their EEZ and sea boundaries, and can go about that business in a way which is uninhibited,” Morrison explained. The Australian premier is on a three-day visit to Vietnam that will wrap up Saturday. The statements by the two prime ministers were made in the context of Chinese oil survey vessel Haiyang Dizhi 8 and escort vessels illegally re-entering Vietnamese waters near the Vanguard Bank in the southern area of the South China Sea on August 13. The survey vessel and its escorts had left the nation’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) and continental shelf on August 7 after occupying Vietnamese sea territory for about a month. The U.S. State Department had said Thursday it… Read full this story
- Lean on me! Gary Mehigan hugs former co-star George Calombaris as he stops by his pal's restaurant... after sharing his concerns over the chef's 'mental health' following MasterChef axing
- Vietnam, US hold 10th political, security, defence dialogue
- ASEAN countries welcome Vietnam’s initiatives to enhance cooperation
- Seminar discusses Vietnam-US cooperation in defence, security
- Vietcombank to sell Vietnam Airlines shares
- Study: Flesh-eating ulcer spreading in Australia
- 'You are trash!' Love Island Australia star Maurice Salib's ex-girlfriend unleashes in a SAVAGE Instagram rant - after he claimed to be 'single for the past six months'
- 'I have more dignity than that!' Love Island Australia's Maurice Salib insists he would never 'do a Grant Crapp'... amid shock claims he too broke up with his girlfriend to appear on show
- Lifeguard Drone Rescues Two Swimmers In Australia
- Google's new iPhone keyboard, 'Gboard,' launches in Australia
Australia shares Vietnam's concerns over East Sea tensions have 359 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.