According to the National News Bureau of Thailand, Thai Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai attended the opening ceremony on August 23 and delivered a special speech on becoming a network partner for sustainability.
He said ASEAN is now guiding 26 cities under the ASCN into becoming smart cities, which will create sustainability, economic and social opportunities and investment.
Thailand has three smart cities, namely Phuket, Sriracha and Bangkok, and is in the process of developing other areas into smart cities.
This year, ASEAN received cooperation from the G20 countries in sharing information, transferring technology to solve smart city problems and disseminating various case studies on becoming a smart city by following a sustainable pattern.
Held for the second time, the event included a closed meeting of 26 pilot smart cities to determine the framework, before summarising all plans and submitting them to the 35th ASEAN Summit scheduled for November 2019.
A smart city exhibition by entrepreneurs, government and private agencies worldwide, was also held.
Currently, the ASCN consists of 26 cities in ASEAN member countries, namely Bandar Seri Begawan, Bangkok, Chonburi, Phuket, Banyuwangi, Battambang, Cebu, Danang, Davao, Jakarta, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kucing, Luang Prabang, Makassar, Mandalay, Manila, Naypyidaw, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Singapore, Vientiane and Yangon.
All 26 cities have great potential for development, especially in terms of infrastructure, data connection, digital technology and culture.-VNA
- Da Nang targets e-government, smart city by 2030
- ASEAN moves ahead with digital push
- NCLT approves sale of IL&FS stake in GIFT City to Gujarat govt
- China to strengthen economic ties with ASEAN, Wang says
- Hong Kong stocks plunge after China proposes national security law to 'protect' the city's freedom as local politicians brawl in parliament over fears that Beijing could 'take full control'
- Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- Cheyenne City Council Meeting Information For May 26
- Citi supports clients in Vietnam through coronavirus burdens
- Ho Chi Minh City trains teachers to teach new textbooks
- Tung: National security law to cure the city's chaos
- New York City Police Force To Be Retrained In Wake Of Eric Garner Case
- 100 Days Out: Counting down 100 things to get you ready for the 2019 college football season
ASEAN Smart Cities Network 2019 conference held in Bangkok have 397 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.