The Vietnamese booth at the festival (Photo: Embassy of Vietnam in Myanmar) Hanoi (VNA) – The 2019 Food Festival of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) kicked off in Mandalay city of Myanmar on August 17. The two-day festival was held at Mandalay Convention Centre in Myanmar’s second largest city. Speaking at the opening ceremony, Union Minister for International Cooperation of Myanmar U Kyaw Tin said the festival aims to introduce cuisine from ASEAN countries and China, Japan, the Republic of Korea and India. It was also to promote development of Myanmar’s tourism sector, he added. Under the theme “The authentic flavour of the east”, over 160 food counters and souvenirs booths which represent ASEAN countries were exhibited at the festival. Cookery demonstrations by the Myanmar Chefs Association and Myanmar Bartenders Association also featured at the event. The festival was jointly organised by Myanmar Hotels and Tourism Ministry, the country’s Restaurant Association and Mandalay Region Government.-VNA
- Food Festivals October 2016: NYC Wine and Food Festival, York Food & Drink Festival, & Many More!
- Labor Day Food Festival: LA Times’ The Taste is Back with Unlimited Tastings and Specialty Drinks
- Apple Day: Check out These Food Festivals with Delicious Treats
- Celebrity Chefs To Convene At The 13th Annual San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival
- Join Us At The South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Oktoberfest 2016: Interesting Facts You Need to Know About the Folk Festival
- Labor Day Weekend Seafood Festivals 2016: Chicago, Louisiana and Other Areas
- Labor Day Weekend Celebrations: Local and International Foods to Choose From
- How Spicy Foods Could Increase Your Life Expectancy
- The 6 Trendiest Foods of 2013
ASEAN food festival kicks off in Myanmar have 279 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.