In the eight months of this year, provincial authorities held exchanges and provided information for more than 20 domestic and foreign investors.
Le Van Nung, Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee, said An Giang needs support from the Government, ministries and agencies to make it more attractive to investors.
The province will suggest authorities offer support in infrastructure involving transportation and logistics services, contributing to socio-economic development of the locality and the Mekong Delta, he said.
The official added that An Giang will also ask ministries and agencies to connect the province with international organisations, foreign trade and investment counselors, especially promising markets such as Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea (RoK), Singapore, Israel, the US and several European countries, thus luring more foreign direct investment.
According to the provincial Department of Planning and Investment, the province will hold working trips to the RoK to boost investment in high-tech and agro-forestry processing as well as seek opportunities to sell rice, aquatic products and fruits during the remaining months of this year.
It will also send representatives to the Japan – Mekong Business Forum to be held by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho.
An Giang will also partner with the National Tourism Advisory Council to hold a consultation seminar on tourism development, and consider the provincial tourism marketing project.-VNA
- BRICS Bank to Approve Multibillion Package of Investment Projects in 2017
- Reese Witherspoon's new film project Pyros lands at Netflix with the actress set to star and produce
- Myanmar approves 8 more investment projects
- Experts doubt SOEs’ can succeed with investment projects abroad
- China to improve capital fund management of fixed-asset investment projects
- Hanoi’s leader promises to facilitate Korean investment projects
- Bel Air To Welcome 3 New Commissioners: Official Election Results
- 'The Crown' welcomes its new royals in Season 3 launch
- The Crown welcomes its new royals at season 3 launch. See pics from the premiere
- Welcome to New New Zealand! Group of Kiwis invade an Australian island and claim it for their country - before demanding foreigners pay for a visa to visit