Teams across the globe are working to contain the damage done by plastic waste, Photo: Shutterstock It was in pre-Columbian Mexico that polymers were used for the first time, evolving to the present day. Initially the industry developed synthetic polymers with cellulose and later with the use of petroleum. This evolution allowed polymers to be easier to produce, making it an essential and indispensable material for all forms of use. Miguel Santos Plastic is possibly one of mankind’s best discoveries, but the problem is in the way we produce and consume it. From as far back as 1960, there began to be an awareness of the plastic waste associated with environmental problems. It is estimated that millions of tonnes of plastics are introduced daily into nature, with very high impact costs on ecosystems, the economy, and health. Plastics production requires enormous pressure on nature, due to the extraction of high amounts of petroleum to transport to production sites and in the production of petrochemicals where pollution reaches a large scale through the production of energy, ethylene, or soil contamination. Plastic waste represents the end of the product´s life. There are few materials available that do not contain a percentage of… Read full this story
- A million bottles a minute: world's plastic binge 'as dangerous as climate change'
- Filipino engineers build eco-bricks with plastic waste
- Plastics tax eyed in litter crackdown
- Runaway consumption: 2tn drinks containers being used every year
- Plans to charge for single-use cups under new law in Scotland
- Italian trade ties take off via tech and SME tie-up
- Edited Transcript of ALFAA.MX earnings conference call or presentation 18-Oct-19 5:00pm GMT
- Hanoi willing to support Netherlands embassy in cultural activities
- Govt to bring in laws restricting microbeads after EU approval
Adding plastics to the circular economy have 305 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.