The pagoda, built in 1936, stands on a 2,000- square-meter land lot at 269 Nguyen Thi Nho Street, District 11. It has its origins in Guangdong, China. The structure of the pagoda remains unchanged from when it was first built with a 2-storied main building. As in many other places of worship, bonsai trees and plants are placed in front of the pagoda. Inside the main hall are altars of many deities from the three religions: Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism. Pictured above is a statue of Lu Tung-Pin, depicted as a Taoist deity with a magic stick that dispels evil and salvages human beings. Visitors burn incense in front of the main altar. The clearest characteristic of Taoism is the Bagua sign, a Taoist cosmological symbol representing reality with yin and yang at the center, carved on the wooden altar on which the incense burners are placed. On the right wing of the main house is the altar for Wong Tai Sin, a Taoist deity with the power to control the weather. Sunlight hits the hallways at noon, bringing out the contrasting interior colors. The second floor of the main building is a neatly organized typical Chinese home setting. An altar is placed in… Read full this story
- Pagodas in Soc Trang
- Chinese State Media: Muslim Uighur Internment Camps Promote ‘Interfaith Harmony’
- China readies 'harmonious society' for Olympic guests
- Bill Maher Jabs Stephen Colbert Over Religion: ‘Silly Stories’ Don’t Dictate My Faith
- Stewart Challenges Ayaan Hirsi Ali: How Is Islam ‘Different’ than Any Other Religion?
- Ted Cruz Laughs at Crack About Islam Being a ‘Peaceful Religion’
- Lou Dobbs Bashes Zombie Nativity: ‘If You’re Going to Mock a Religion,’ Choose Islam
- How to Tune a Star System: Alien World Complicates Harmony of Multiplanet System
- Fox Host Confronts Earnest for Downplaying ISIS Fight: People Have ‘Shrapnel in Their Shoulders’
- Clinton Uses Speech To Hit Back at Trump, and Mentions Her Religion
A Saigon pagoda hosts three religions in Taoist harmony have 333 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.