At the event (Photo: VNA) Long An (VNA) – The Vu A Dinh scholarship fund, Nam A Bank, VinaCapital Foundation (VCF), and the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union provincial chapter of Long An presented scholarships to 120 poor students with outstanding performance during a local ceremony on August 21. Each scholarship worth 1 million VND (43 USD) was granted to elementary, secondary and high school students in Long An. Speaking at the event, former Vice President and Chairwoman of the fund Truong My Hoa lauded Nam A Bank, the VCF and the scholarship fund for their effort in many cities and provinces nationwide. On the occasion, a new playground made from recycled tyres was inaugurated in Nhon Thach Trung commune, Tan A city, the Mekong Delta province of Long An, in an effort to raise public awareness of environment protection via activities such as reduction in the use of plastic bags, electricity and water saving, and active use of recycled and eco-friendly items. Over the past two decades since its establishment, the fund has offered over 80,000 scholarships to poor students nationwide, brought 400 ethnic minority and island students to Ho Chi Minh City for studies, granted monthly allowances… Read full this story
- Cal State Long Beach launches scholarship for undocumented students
- New scholarship allows KCTCS students to earn $1,500-$2,000 on their way to an associate degree
- Suburban Shelby schools got millions meant for poor students. Here's how they spent it.
- Pennsylvania lunch lady quits over new rules humiliating poor students: 'I will never forget the look on his face'
- UNCF to award nearly $100K in scholarships to Mpls students
- A Small College That Mostly Accepts Poor Students Is A Last-Minute Loser In The New Tax Plan
- Union Plus: UAW Family Members Awarded 2018 Union Plus Scholarships
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Recipients of Route 79, The Duchenne Scholarship Program
- Saudi Arabia Suspends Scholarships For Students Studying In Canada
- NYU’s free med school offer stirs debate over student debt
120 scholarships presented to poor students in Long An have 332 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.