Earlier, at 11:00 on July 8, 27-year-old fisherman Qin Zhi Cai from Yanang village, Xichang town, Hepu district, Beihai city, Guangxi province, went adrift in the sea, about 5 nautical miles west of the Vietnam-China maritime boundary delimitation in the Gulf of Tonkin.
|Fisherman Qin Zhi Cai (center, right) handed over to Co To Border Post|
Ship 786 (Flotilla 4 of the Naval Region 1) while patrolling near the scene detected the man and immediately rescued him.
At 20:00 on July 9, the Vietnamese naval ship handed over the Chinese fisherman to the Co To Border Post. The post is working with relevant organizations on the procedures to return the Chinese fisherman to China.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Border troops rescue troubled foreign fishermen
- Border post saves troubled fishermen
- Cat Ba border post receives noble title
- Border post receives foreigner adrift at sea
- Security chiefs warn the IRA could use any new post-Brexit Irish border posts as ambush sites where they would try to kill British police officers
- Border guards save troubled fisherman
- Border troops rescue troubled fishermen
- Quang Tri border guards save troubled sailors
- Vietnamese expatriates visit border post of Lao Cai Border Gate