|Photo: Cong Thuong newspaper|
During his opening speech, Sen. Lt. Gen. Tran Don, Deputy Minister of National Defence, emphasised that the trade fair is an important economic and political feature that has greatly contributed to developing both friendship and solidarity between the two countries.
He added that the event offers an opportunity for Vietnamese firms to step up co-operation, seek clients and partners, and expand trading activities with businesses in Myanmar. Through this, enterprises will be able to boost the export of products and services, in addition to strengthening tourism activities in Myanmar and other nations throughout the region.
Sen. Lt. Gen. Don pointed out that several Vietnamese army businesses have been successfully operating in Myanmar such as the military telecom group Viettel with their Mytel brand.
|Vietnamese army businesses at the trade fair. (Photo: Cong Thuong Newspaper)|
Myint New, Myanmar’s Deputy Minister of Defence, highlighted the organisation of the event in Yangon, Myanmar’s largest economic hub and expressed wish that Vietnamese army will regularly organise trade fairs similar to the Vietnam Trade Fair 2019 in Myanmar in the future.
During the event, Vietnamese businesses showcased a wide range of products in fields such as gảments and textiles, food and beverages, machinery and equipment, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, banking services, and components. These sectors are considered to be able to meet the demands and tastes of local consumers in Myanmar.
The event, scheduled to run from July 18 to July 21, is part of the national trade promotion program 2019, organised by Vietnam’s Ministry of National Defence, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, in collaboration with relevant ministries and agencies in Myanmar.
- IITF 2019: Ease of Doing Business to be theme of India International Trade Fair
- Viet Nam-China border trade fair opens in Lao Cai
- 19th Vietnam-China border trade fair opens in Lao Cai
- Delhi metro stations to sell tickets for India International Trade Fair from November 14
- CII EXCON trade fair to be held in Bengaluru from Dec. 10
- Lagos Trade Fair: Visitors flood Eko Coconut Bread stand
- Việt Nam-China border trade fair opens in Lào Cai
- Manulife champions a “culture of change” at Vietnam Insurance Summit 2019
- Vietnam attends int’l trade fair in Mozambique
- Outsource CEO, Amal, showcases at inaugural intra-African trade fair in Cairo