The event marked the 25th anniversary of the signing of the treaty on fundamental principles of Vietnam – Russia friendship and the 70th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties.
Speaking at the event, Chairwoman of the VWU Central Committee Nguyen Thi Thu Ha recalled that during wartime, Russia helped Vietnamese women expand ties with their foreign fellows via the world women’s movement and raise voice to support Vietnam at forums such as the Women’s International Democratic Federation.
Ha said Vietnam wants to learn from Russia’s experience in maternal and child care programmes and via diverse activities at central and local levels.
Ambassador Nguyen Phuong Nga, President of the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO), expressed her belief that people-to-people and cultural exchange will help further deepen bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership.
Director of the International Fund – The Way for Peace Irina Umnova said the event affords the two countries’ women a chance to promote gender equality in education as well as foster peace and friendship.
She lauded the VWU’s role in women’s movement and promoting women’s advancement in diverse areas, contributing to national development.
Participants discussed the role of today’s women in cultural development and gender equality in education, people-to-people diplomacy and culture in fostering peace and friendship, women’s perspectives on translated literary works, new social challenges, among others.-VNA
- Forum held to propel forward Asian infrastructure development
- Final open forum held for Arts and Sciences dean position
- ICE confirms 45 transgender women being held at Texas detention center
- What North Korea can learn from Vietnam's women
- When Will Donald Trump Meet With Kim Jong Un? Schedule for U.S.-North Korea Summit in Vietnam
- Trump_ Kim to meet in Hanoi
- Chicago mayoral candidates face off at forum hosted by women-led organizations
- Women's forum at NFL Combine opens eyes for candidates, teams
- Refs train with VAR ahead of approval for Women’s World Cup
- Phenomenal Women Holds First Event