Vinh asked Cambodia’s Ministry of Defence direct its military units to effectively realize annual protocols, cooperation plans and agreements signed between the two nations’ high-ranking officials and defence ministries.
He also conveyed regards of Vietnamese Defence Minister Ngo Xuan Lich to the host.
In reply, Tea Banh underscored the significance of the dialogue amid complicated development of regional and global security.
He thanked the Vietnamese Defence Ministry for holding activities marking 42 years of “the path to overthrow the Pol Pot genocidal regime” of Cambodia in Binh Phuoc province while suggesting both sides augment cooperation, towards deepening defence relations between Vietnam and Cambodia.
The two sides compared notes international and regional security and political situation, cooperation of the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM) and ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM), and reviewed defence cooperation between the two countries as well as proposed measures to further enhance ties in the time to come.
- UK's Ministry of Defence linked to Airbus 'drone crash' in Australian outback
- Spain’s defence budget 16th highest globally in 2018
- In deep in Indochina: Cambodia's remarkable new hideaway resorts revealed
- Uproar as tank cuts put Britain behind world’s military minnows like Cambodia, Serbia and Burma
- Kim Jong-un Takes Armoured Train to Vietnam for Second Summit with US
- DPRK Leader Kim Jong-un Arrives in Vietnam For Summit With Trump
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un travelling to Vietnam for Trump talks
- Kim Jong-un heads to Vietnam by train ahead of Trump summit
- Kim Jong Un arrives in Vietnam for summit with Trump
- North Korean leader Kim leaves Vietnam after summit breakdown