Hanoi (VNA) – Police in Thailand said they have seized more than one tonne of crystal meth in a series of drug raids.
More than 10 million methamphetamine tablets were found in July, they said in statements on July 14 and 15.
They arrested eight people for trafficking over 5 million methamphetamine pills, 600 kilograms of crystal meth, 15.4 kilograms of heroin and 51 kilograms of ketamine. The drugs were discovered on July 12 in a pickup truck hidden under fruit baskets and at a trafficker’s home.
Police said they seized 459 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine last week that they suspect originated from neighbouring Myanmar. The drugs were found in the back of a pickup truck covered under a large green canvas.-VNA
- Police seize nearly 1,500 kilos of cocaine branded with Lionel Messi’s face in Peru
- Police seize £73 million worth of Lionel Messi branded cocaine
- Crystal Palace revival under Roy Hodgson continues as they move to brink of safety with Leicester thrashing
- Police surveil FSU QB Deondre Francois for two months before issuing pot citation
- Watch: Officer Crystal Griner, injured in the Congressional shooting, throws out first pitch
- Kentucky high school baseball coach faces meth-selling charge
- Thai nips Cyna on 3rd playoff hole, snares LPGT crown
- Thai environment protesters stage largest demonstration since start of military rule
- Wrestling icon ‘X-Pac’ arrested for meth, weed at LA airport
- The Latest: Billy Crystal jokes lighten mood at Ali memorial