Under the theme “Brilliant youth”, the drive conveys a message of “Living a brilliant youthful life” for empathy, love and devotion.
This tenth drive will be carried out at Samsung Vietnam’s branches nationwide with a focus on its two factories, Samsung Electronics Vietnam in Bac Ninh and Thai Nguyen provinces in July and August, respectively.
|At the event|
According to Doctor Tran Ngoc Que, Deputy Director of the National Blood Center under the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, since 2010, the Institute has collected more than 70,000 blood units donated by Samsung Vietnam’s staff, including 4,652 blood units collected before the Lunar New Year of the Pig 2019.
“Alongside popularizing and organizing blood donation programs, Samsung has sponsored and hosted a number of social and charitable projects, such as giving financial assistance to patients with blood cancers for stem cell transplant,” Que said.
Speaking highly of the humane significance of the program, Choi Joo Ho, General Director of the Samsung Vietnam Complex, underlined that the a-decade-long “Sharing the same blood of Vietnam” program has closely linked with brilliant youths of Samsung’s staff who have contributed their part to creating globally-standardized quality products and have been willing to share difficulties with the community.
He believed that this year’s drive will collect some 17,000 blood units for the National Blood Center and stressed that Samsung will continue organizing such a meaningful program in the time to come.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Incham Vietnam holds 10th successive blood donation drive
- Military hospital reviews its voluntary blood donation drives
- 20 years of voluntary blood donation drive in review
- Quang Ngai launches the voluntary blood donation Day
- Tuy Hoa city: Launching the voluntary blood donation in 2013
- Tu Nghia district launched the voluntary blood donation
- 12th Spring blood donation drive started
- Voluntary blood donation program launched
- Voluntary blood donation festival takes place in Da Nang