Hanoi (VNA) – The House of Representatives of the Philippines on July 22 elected Alan Peter Cayetano as the 22nd Speaker of the House.
Earlier, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte endorsed Cayetano’s Speakership.
Duterte’s spokesperson Salvador Panelo said Cayetano, 48, will be the Speaker in the first 15 months. After that, a new Speaker will be named, he added.
Cayetano was named as Foreign Secretary in 2017. He resigned in 2018 to run for a seat in the House of Representatives in May 2019.
Vicente Sotto was reelected as Senate President.-VNA
- EFF and Access Now Discuss Encryption with White House Representatives
- Fire Emblem Black Eagle House Detailed In New Character Trailer
- Fire Emblem Black Eagle house shown in new trailer
- Here's how Destiny: House of Wolves' new Prison of Elders mode works
- Destiny House of Wolves: New Ascend feature is a game-changer
- First details on Destiny: House of Wolves' new Reef social space, Queen's Bay
- Where to find Destiny House of Wolves' new hidden Ghost
- Marvel Character’s House Spotted in New Spider-Man Trailer
- Destiny: House of Wolves' new strike is called The Shadow Thief, here's our first look
- Diablo 3 auction house plagued by new exploits: spoiled items and button swapping