A new NFL collective bargaining agreement could be on the horizon.
According to ESPN, which cited sources close to the negotiations, discussions between the league and NFL Players Association are “set to intensify” this month in an effort to secure a new deal before the start of the upcoming regular season, the league’s 100th year.
The report noted the two sides have scheduled negotiating sessions for July 17-19, marking the first time they will engage in talks for three straight days, and added that “the biggest and potentially most contentious issues are expected to be addressed” as well.
ProFootballTalk, citing a source with knowledge of the ongoing negotiations between both sides, reported Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has taken a more involved role that puts him right in the middle of the discussions.
Jones has been known to ruffle a few feathers among both players and fellow owners, and he hasn’t had the best relationship with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Nonetheless, Jones appears intent on getting a new deal done.
The current CBA is set to expire after the 2020 season. While there’s no guarantee an agreement will be reached in the coming months, both sides are optimistic that they can find some middle ground without a work stoppage.
- Ex-Ohio State DE Tyreke Smith could prove to be NFL Draft steal for Seattle Seahawks, CBS Sports says
- Charles tipped for big ESG project after clandestine talks with US executives, report says
- The NWSL's first ever CBA raises the bar for women's sports
- Hearing on Jon Gruden vs. the NFL and Roger Goodell Set for May 25
- Bold predictions for the NFL Draft, plus best bets for first round and a final mock draft
- Tom Brady: 'Greatest of all time' will never be matched in the NFL, says Neil Reynolds
- Fox network announces NFL player Tom Brady's post-retirement gig
- Next Star Wars film 'signs Force Awakens star for new projects'
- James Cameron, Jon Landau reach New Zealand with 50-member crew to restart ‘Avatar' production
- South Korea to swear in conservative new president
- Agent's Take: 2022 NFL rookie contract projections for key Round 1 picks, with a rookie wage scale explainer
- Commissioner Adam Silver talked television money, what it could mean for potential 2017 lockout - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
NFL-NFLPA talks about new CBA set to ramp up, report says have 379 words, post on www.sportingnews.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.