For the competition, boxers have been divided into two age categories, 15 to 16 and 17 to 18. In total competitors will be fighting for 45 sets of medals. Upon speaking at the opening ceremony, Pham Van Luan, deputy director of Can Tho’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, urged all participating athletes to try their best to put on a good show for viewers. The tournament is an annual event and aims to create favourable conditions in which local boxers can gain more experience, sharpen their skills, and seek talent for the national team at international tournaments. The championship has been co-organised by the Vietnam Boxing Federation and Can Tho’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism to celebrate the 74th anniversary of the August Revolution and Vietnam’s National Day on September 2. The national tournament is scheduled to last until July 23.
- Fargo Force facing plenty of changes as 2019 gets underway
- World Championships 2019 Day 7 schedule: Katarina Johnson-Thompson eyes heptathlon gold
- Long Island's Naim Terbunja wins National Golden Gloves championship
- Midyette works to bring Metro Boxing Championships to Harlem
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on April 7, 2019
- NYPD youth league championship showcases cricket's growing popularity
- NCAA Championship 2019: Virginia beats Texas Tech in overtime, 85-77
- Microsoft's efforts for a Digital Geneva Convention get underway
- British Shooting - Schools Pistol Championships 2019/20
- New office tower gets underway in downtown San Jose
National youth boxing championship 2019 gets underway in Can Tho have 238 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.