The ten-day festival attracted the participation of around 1,900 athletes, coaches, referees and supporting personnel from 29 units in the whole region. Athletes will compete in various sport events, including combined military sports, “Strong soldiers,” military swimming, hurdle race, unarmed martial arts, volleyball, men’ and women’s table tennis, cross-country race, badminton and tennis.
|At the opening ceremony|
Addressing the opening ceremony, General San affirmed that over the past years, together with fulfilling training and combat readiness missions and unit building, Military Region 3’s units have paid attention to physical training and sports movement, contributing to raising physical fitness and combat readiness capabilities of the armed forces.
He said that the festival is an important opportunity for the military region’s leadership to evaluate physical training and sports movement of its affiliated units and find the best athletes for the sports festival of the whole army in 2019.
Translated by Chung Anh
- MND’s leader inspects Military Region 3’s affiliates
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 13/3
- Cameroon: Remarkable Spectator Turnout
- Dick's Sporting Goods looking into removing all hunting gear from its stores
- Art, Entertainment News In Brief
- VN, Japan lift bilateral relations to new height
- Morocco: Polisario Front Refutes Moroccan Allegations On Buffer Zone
- South Sudan: Army Boss General James Ajongo Dies
- Cameroon: Concerted Efforts for Tranquil National Day