Hong Phuc I have been delving for the past few days into the definitions of ‘human trafficking.’ They may vary but all boil down to one thing: an act aimed at transporting people from one place to another for monetary gain. Human trafficking is the least known of transnational crimes, but is highly pervasive and hugely profitable. Many fumed about a Vietnamese bride being assaulted by her Korean spouse in South Jeolla Province, South Korea. Formal apologies and promises to “strictly handle” the case afterward seemed to be among the media tactics to assuage the public outrage. The harsh realities of domestic violence in Vietnamese – South Korean marriages are not reflected solely by the acts of a violent husband caught, unfortunately for him, red-handed. The solution to domestic violence does not lie in using the might of the law after a man physically assaults his wife. Assault and battery is common in marriages arranged through bargaining rather than love, where human sentiments and feelings are commercialized and considerable inequalities exist in the first place. This commercialization is fueled by both supply and demand. The South Korean government has adopted numerous policies to improve its shrinking population as a consequence… Read full this story
- 4 weddings, 85 years, 2 thefts: What this 1932 wedding dress has been through
- Officials: Police bust Peruvian baby trafficking ring
- Former first daughter Barbara Bush gets married in "very secret wedding"
- Why Little Free Libraries are wearing white ribbons this week
- How the accused mail bomber Cesar Sayoc found inspiration in Donald Trump
- Documents reveal how a sex-trafficking ring operated in a rich Fort Worth neighborhood
- Sex trafficking or young love? Mobile woman Whitney Harris returns from India
- Human trafficking happens 'right under our noses' in YorkYou may also be interested in...
- Dear Abby: How do I tell friend to tone down her goth style at my wedding?
- Human trafficking reports are on the rise: Here's what you need to know
Mail-order wedding brokers little more than traffickers have 335 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.