The festival is to take place in the former imperial capital of Hue nearly a month earlier than its previous editions. Artists from 20 countries in the world will be invited to perform at the event, making it a biggest gala to date.
The participating countries have been chosen from five continents: South Korea, China, Israel, Singapore and the Philippines (Asia); France, Belgium, Russia, England, Italy, Denmark and Hungary (Europe); the U.S., Colombia, Mexico, Haiti, Cuba and Chile (Americas); Australia (Oceania); and Egypt (Africa).
Hue Festival 2020 will include street carnivals, ao dai (Vietnam’s traditional dress) shows, international food festivals and many art performances.
The event will be a good opportunity for international visitors to see how the heritage town has come a long way from being the imperial capital of Vietnam’s last ruling dynasty (1802-1945) to a rising tourism star in the central region, Hue officials said.
Hue, the capital of Thue Thien-Hue Province, stands out from other parts of the country with its Imperial Citadel and royal tombs.
Thue Thien-Hue, in central Vietnam, received more than 4.3 million visitors last year, an increase of 14 percent over the same period in 2017. The number included 2.2 million foreigners.
Visitors from South Korea made up the largest group, accounting for a third of the total foreign visitors.
Hue from above: Bird view of Vietnam’s former capital Hue under the Nguyen Dynasty
- The pilots of this British Airways jet had to put on oxygen masks to make an emergency landing earlier this year
- Outback Steakhouse stopped advertising on Tucker Carlson's Fox News show earlier this year
- “Smear Campaign” Or Not, Tech Investor Shervin Pishevar Really Was Arrested Earlier This Year
- We did the maths to calculate how much money Jeff Bezos makes in a year, month, week, day, hour, minute, and second
- No One's Making Sweethearts This Year, Crushing Lovers of Valentine's Day Candy
- Husband and Wife Build Martha’s Vineyard African American Film Festival Into a 15-Year Brand
- Disney’s International Food & Wine Festival Returns for 19th Year
- Afro-Punk Festival Returns for 8th Year of Rock, Food and Fun
- Newport Jazz and Folk Festivals secure for 25 years
- Food festival makes return