A luxury resort on Phu Quoc Island off the southern province of Kien Giang. The number of luxury hotel rooms booked through online travel agencies is expected to continue to rise – Photo: Dao Loan Its latest survey on the local upscale lodging industry, called “the Vietnam Hotel Survey 2019,” found that the remaining rooms were sold through other channels, such as direct booking with hotels (18.2%), wholesalers/global distribution systems (7.1%), tour operators and travel agencies (27.6%) and corporations (16.4%). Reservations through travel agencies and tour operators, though they continued to be the largest channel, fell a sharp 5.1% in 2018, when four-star hotels suffered a heavy fall of 7.1%, while their five-star counterparts fell by 2.8%; they were replaced by the increase in the use of OTAs and other channels. By star rankings, the highest change in reservation channels was 2.3% for wholesalers/global distribution systems among five-star hotels and 2.8% for OTAs among four-star ones. The corporate channel’s portion slightly increased from 16.1% in 2017 to 16.4% in 2018, mostly due to the rise in this channel for four-star hotels. Statistics from the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism show that so far this year, the country has operated some 29,000… Read full this story
- Merger creates upmarket giant in the hotel sector
- Keys tourism continues to rebound after Hurricane Irma dealt a ‘punch in the face.’ Hotels, restaurants scramble for tourist dollars.
- The rise of the smart machines
- Why Expedia (Sort of) Changed Its Name and Branding
- The Digital Nomad’s Guide To Working From Anywhere On Earth
- The Untold Story Of Larry Page's Incredible Comeback
- How Priceline's Business Works
- Inside An Ambitious, Sometimes Maddening, Quest To Save The Internet
- Scandals Catch Up to Private Chinese Hospitals, After Fortunes Are Made
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 29/11
Hotel room bookings through online travel agencies on the rise have 294 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.