Updated 2:09 am CDT, Wednesday, July 17, 2019 BERLIN (AP) — The new leader of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party is taking over Germany’s defense ministry in a risky but potentially rewarding move, reversing her previous insistence that she wouldn’t join the Cabinet. Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer is to be formally appointed Wednesday as the successor to Ursula von der Leyen, who was elected Tuesday as the new head of the European Commission. Kramp-Karrenbauer narrowly won the leadership of Merkel’s center-right Christian Democratic Union in December. She hasn’t had an easy start, and insisted recently that she would concentrate on the party rather than taking a ministerial job. It isn’t yet clear who will run as the CDU’s candidate for chancellor in Germany’s next election. The defense ministry offers Kramp-Karrenbauer a chance to gain foreign policy experience but also is notoriously difficult to run.
- Tea Parties Take the Cake
- Alien Party Games from Outer Space
- Disney Princess Parties are a Royal Treat
- American Idol Party Games Where Both Kids and Adults Can Be a Star
- Summer Party - The Best Summer Party Themes From The Fancy Dress Experts
- Ideas for a Children's Birthday Pirate Party
- Farm Party Ideas for Kids
- Alternatives to the Children's Party Favor Bags
- Make Party Planning a Little Easier
- Big Bird Parties are Big on Fun!
Germany: leader of Merkel party takes over defense ministry have 232 words, post on www.chron.com at July 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.