Two flight attendants working for Vietnam Airlines on a flight from HCM City to Hanoi on July 12 found a laptop and US$13,000 in a laptop bag left on the plane after passengers left.
|Lost and Found office at Noi Bai International Airport. — Photo abay.vn|
The bag was transferred to the lost and found office at Noi Bai International Airport and then returned to the owner thanks to information on personal documents left in the bag.
On July 6, Nguyen Van Quynh, a driver of a shuttle bus from Vinh City to Hanoi also found a laptop bag with VND300 million ($13,000) left on the bus.
The driver reported the item to relevant authorities and returned it to the owner – a passenger from Ha Tinh.
According to Vietnam Airport Ground Services Company Limited (VIAGS), last month, four staff members of VIAGS’s Noi Bai Branch found and returned passengers’ lost items worth up to VND800 million ($34,400).
In the first half of this year, VIAGS found and returned over 6,600 lost items and over VND6 billion ($258,000) in cash.
- EXCLUSIVE: 'He said it wasn't an emergency.' Spirit Airlines customer traveling to her grandmother's funeral claims male flight attendant REFUSED to let her use the bathroom while on her period, leaving her mortified with stained pants
- NTSB: Full flight checks rare for pilots in crash killing 7
- Mike Bruesewitz: How to survive intercontinental flights as a giant
- Report: Flight full of unruly, fighting McGregor fans forced back to JFK
- Mets pitcher picks up a save on flight
- Lyon return to winning ways behind Tolisso’s winner vs. Monaco
- Tribe Week in Review: Marcum’s comeback lost amidst Tigers’ sweep
- Russian plane crash: flight recorder captured 'sound of explosion'
- Fog in Phoenix causes flight delays, cancellations
- Chaos at Sharm el-Sheikh airport amid confusion over 'rescue flights'