On July 9, three men from Hong Kong (China) were arrested at the Phnom Penh International Airport for bringing nearly 1 million USD in cash without making declaration.
Local media quoted General Sok Phal, Minister of State of the Cambodian Interior Ministry, as saying that the men hid the money in three suitcases and a Chinese national had waited for them at the airport.
Two days earlier, Cambodian authorities captured two Korean citizens – Yoon Won-gi and Song Hyun-hoo at the Siem Reap International Airport and seized up to 2.2 million USD.
Local police said that the Koreans also travelled to Cambodia from Hong Kong.
In February, the Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF) named Cambodia in its grey list, over fear that the country may become the heaven for money laundering by criminal syndicates.
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and Deputy PM cum Interior Minister Sar Kheng have ordered to destroy the money laundering network in the country.-VNA
- Loan Sharks Are Illegal Money Lenders-Know The Catches of Using Their Money
- Fraud-Money Laundering
- Money Is Just An Illusion - You Need To Become A Magician
- Poker Affiliate Programs: Generate Income Without Risking Your Money at the Tables
- Make Quick Money Online
- Compounding Effect - A Lesson on How Money Makes Money
- Elliot Spitzer Has Committed Fraud, Where is the Extortion Money
- Prosperity Consciousness - The Two Types of Money Struggles
- Saving and Investing Your Money - Real Estate One Profit Option
- Cambodia Casinos