Date created : 21/07/2019 – 17:28
Simon Yates of Britain posted a second stage win with a solo raid during the last Pyrenean trek of the Tour de France as Thibaut Pinot gained more time on his rivals in the fight for the yellow jersey on Sunday.
Yates triumphed at the summit of the Prat d’Albis in Stage 15, three days after his first stage victory in the southwestern mountain range.
Pinot crossed the finish line in second place, 33 seconds behind Yates, and moved to fourth overall according to provisional results.
Julian Alaphilippe cracked in the final of the four climbs on the program but salvaged his yellow jersey. Defending champion Geraint Thomas remained second in the general classification.
- Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman reunite in France following divorce settlement: report
- Lance Armstrong can't win final stage of this fight, no matter what he says in upcoming Oprah Winfrey interview
- St. Francis Prep girls tennis team wins 15th straight CHSAA Class AA state title, beating Mary Louis, 4-0
- Yankees' Ivan Nova wins 15th consecutive decision, says he's the 'best pitcher in the world'
- American gymnast Simone Biles wins Olympic gold medal in women's vault
- Daily News reporter Simone Weichselbaum wins national award
- Chris Froome wins Tour de France, gives Great Britain back-to-back winners at cycling’s biggest race
- Chris Froome maintains big Tour de France lead and should be second Brit to win cycling's top event
- Daily News Sports Photos of the Day: Tour de France pack passes through Rouen, Batmobile in Britain
- Italy’s Vincenzo Nibali wins Tour de France