|Local people donating their blood|
According to Deputy Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Van Phong, this is the third time that the program has been held in the province. He emphasized that blood donation is a noble deed, reflecting the humanity tradition of the Vietnamese people.
The “Red Journey” was launched by the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion to collect blood to ease a blood shortage in hospitals, especially in summer. Since its launch in 2013, the program has collected more than 160,000 units of blood, contributing to saving many patients’ lives. This seventh event is taking place from June 13 to July 28 in 39 provinces and cities across the country.
On the occasion, Bac Ninh province honored 75 individuals with great contributions to blood donation activities in the province in this year.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Blood donations drop amid spell of warm weather
- A positive talk about blood donation for Maendy YFC
- How to give blood, how much can you donate and what happens when you make a blood donation?
- 'People came to donate their unopened pay packets in run-up to the Pope's visit'
- Lancaster University rugby players show support for blood donation service
- Amanda Holden emotional as BGT singers raise awareness of blood donation
- Plea for blood donations as hot weather leaves hospital with three day's supply
- Blood donation session on Easter Sunday at Gozo General Hospital
- The need for blood donations never stops – Gozo session this Tuesday
- Consider giving blood donation