Craft villages’ knowledge of legal regulations remains limited Vi Van Khai, Vice Chairman of the Advisory Council for Vietnam Craft Village Association (VCVA) recently recounted how a craft village enterprise signed a contract to export 1 million ceramic buffaloes to Japan for 1 USD each. However, the shipment was returned because the products were not identical in shape and size. Finally, the enterprise had to sell the goods for only 1/10 of the price. Most recently, handicraft products of an enterprise in Bac Ninh were returned from Japan due to impurities. Another enterprise in Hai Duong exporting bamboo and rattan products to the US market was even sued for imitating products from other enterprises. Bach Quoc Khang, Deputy Director of the VCVA Legal Consultation Center said there are still many shortcomings in the policies governing craft village operations while production facilities in craft villages themselves are not very active in studying relevant legal documents or seeking consultations with legal organizations. In recent years, a series of free trade agreements has come into effect, opening up opportunities to increase Vietnam’s handicraft exports. However, the handicraft industry must comply fully with legal obligations such as technical standards, source of origin, social responsibility… Read full this story
- Couple craft a new village noticeboard
- Association seeks to support migrant and refugee ‘entrepreneurs’
- Australia PM seeks new law to penalize animal rights activists
- UK legislates to avert chaotic Brexit as May seeks new plan
- BR SPECIAL. Opinion split on Austrian-style lobbying law in Romania
- Opinion: Say goodbye to diplomacy as Trump nominates Kelly Knight Craft to the UN
- Maurice Crowley: 'This bill will hurt the consumers it seeks to protect'
- Trinity 'bug' row: law professors clash over university paper's secret recording
- 'We can't have Border villages just metres apart living in different time zones,' warns IFA
- Brexit latest: Theresa May seeks extension to Article 50 negotiations until 30 June
Association seeks to craft law for handicraft villages have 323 words, post on ven.vn at July 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.