Vietnamese players at the AFF Cup U18 2017. Photo by VnExpress/Duc Dong.
Southeast Asia’s AFF Under-18 Youth Championship will be played in Ho Chi Minh City and neighboring Binh Duong Province in August.
There will be 12 countries from Southeast Asia and the Pacific, with Vietnam drawn in the tough group B with the two strongest teams, Australia and Thailand, besides Cambodia, Singapore and Malaysia.
Group A will have Myanmar, Indonesia, Laos, Timor Leste, the Philippines, and Brunei.
Vietnam will play Malaysia on August 7, Australia on the 9th, Singapore on the 11th, Thailand on the 13th, and Cambodia on the 15th. All the matches will be played at Thong Nhat Stadium in HCMC except the one against Singapore, which will be played in Binh Duong.
The team had a training camp at the Promotion Fund of Vietnamese Football Talent academy in the northern Hung Yen Province and are now in Japan to prepare for the event.
Malaysia won the tournament in 2018 in Indonesia, with Vietnam losing in the group stage.
- Last-second laterals, wild TD runs & more: Idaho’s top high school football plays from Week 1
- High school football: Vote for top football play from Week 6
- Western football playing like champs with 1-2 punch of Munoz and Savage twins
- Temple football plays Boston College on Saturday — here’s what to know about the Eagles
- Syracuse basketball preview and SU football playing with house money (podcast)
- Ryder Cup 2018: Foursomes play tests Justin Thomas, Team USA
- When CSU football plays Friday nights, high school teams take a big hit
- Why is Arkansas football playing a game at Colorado State?
- Tennessee State football plays at Eastern Illinois after 20-day layoff
- 10 players to watch when St. John Bosco and Mater Dei football play