Da Nang (VNA) – A festival of voluntary blood donation was held in the central city of Da Nang on June 16, expecting to collect over 1,000 blood units.
The event was jointly organised by the Steering Committee of Voluntary Blood Donation of Da Nang and the National Hanh Trinh Do (Red Journey) Coordination Committee, attracting over 1,500 people.
Da Nang aims to receive 6,000 units of blood from June 15 – July 27, three times higher than the set target.
In 2018, as many as 138 blood donation programmes were held in Da Nang, with 41,477 blood donors.
Speaking at the event, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Le Trung Chinh said Da Nang always fulfils the task of mobilizing voluntary blood donation every year, meeting emergency and treatment needs in local hospitals.
The local authorities have also paid attention to promoting voluntary blood donation movements and honouring blood donors.
He called for more communication campaigns to raise public awareness of the significance of the work.
On the occasion, 143 organizations, families and individuals were presented certificates of merit by the Vietnam Red Cross Society (VRCS) Central Committee and the municipal People’s Committee for their contributions to voluntary blood donation movements in the city in 2018. Some individuals have donated blood for several dozens of times.-VNA
- Facebook Debuts New U.S. Blood Donation Tool
- Blood donation should be encourage when medically fit – Expert
- Da Nang hosts Vietnam - Japan cultural exchange festival
- Lien Chieu Port to play key role for a sustainable Da Nang
- Da Nang trees trimmed during storm season
- Da Nang draws more Thai tourists
- Da Nang seeks to businesses’ ideas for growth
- Da Nang to prioritise tourism industry
- South Korean man falls to death from apartment in Da Nang
- South Korean man falls to death from Da Nang apartment