National team coach Park Hang-seo is close to signing a new contract, according to the Viet Nam Football Federation.
|National team coach Park Hang-seo.|
Federation President Le Khanh Hai yesterday confirmed that his deal will be extended in the near future.
"I have found no reason preventing us from extending the contract with Park Hang-seo," said Hai in a meeting with media yesterday in Hanoi.
The president said they can and would pay higher salary for the South Korean expert and is confident Park will stay in charge of the Vietnam national teams.
"We will appeal to enterprises and organisations to help us pay for Park. He deserves to have a good salary for what he has done for us. The Federation is working hard to find the best possible plan which fits his huge contribution.
"This time we will not only discuss with Park but also his assistants who played key roles in Viet Nam's football development," Hai said.
Park's salary of about US$20,000 is paid by Hoang Anh Gia Lai boss Doan Nguyen Duc. Duc is former VFF vice president in charge of finance. He invited Park to Vietnam.
Park started his job in Vietnam in October, 2017. The deal will end on January 31.
The two sides will talk three months ahead of his current contract expiring.
But after his success, it seems Park is a wanted man. Reports suggest his has been offered four times his current deal to move to Thailand.
In a recent meeting with Vietnamese supporters, Park said he was moved by his love of the fans. "I had the privilege to work in Vietnam and I received much love from Vietnamese supporters, so I must be responsible for that," he was quoted as saying on thethao247.vn.
"The process for the contract is quite complicated. I have authorised my representative to come to an agreement with the Federation."
Park will lead the national team in the second round of the 2022 World Cup qualifier, Asia zone, in September and October. In November, he will guide the U22 team as they search for their first ever title at the Southeast Asian Games in the Philippines.
- Korean coach Park Hang Seo receives Vietnam’s Labor Medal
- Head coach Park Hang-seo receives Labour Order
- Vietnam's National Football Coach Park Hang-seo Receives Another State Honor
- Football coach Park Hang-seo honored with Second-Class Labor Order
- Coach Park honoured with second-class labour medal
- HCM City terminates contract to build underground parking lot at Lê Văn Tám
- Transfer news LIVE: Messi ‘AGREES £623m Man City contract’, meets Barcelona tomorrow – latest updates
- Body of missing Fort Hood soldier, 23, is 'found hanging from a tree' after he alleged sexual abuse at troubled base which has now been linked to at least 15 deaths this year alone
- Melbourne's Stage 4 restrictions will be EXTENDED for two more weeks - as Daniel Andrews reveals the city's lockdown won't be fully lifted until November 23
- 11pm Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Partey wants to join Gunners, Gabriel SIGNS, QPR win, Aubameyang contract ‘done’
- The Latest: Australian hot spot extends state of emergency
- News analysis: Australia records 7 pct contraction in GDP, marking historic recession
VN Football Federation confident Park Hang-seo will extend current contract have 529 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.