A waterfall in Da Lat, Lam Dong province, Vietnam’s Central Highlands.
“Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are regional powerhouses in their own right, and they hold the key as a gateway to some remarkable locales. Hue, the ancient capital of Vietnam plays host to more historical activities,” South China Morning Post wrote.
South China Morning Post advises travelers that visitors can embark on tours to explore the old temples and pagodas that make up most of Hue city and explore central Vietnamese cuisine with a street food tour.
North of Ho Chi Minh City is the mountain town of Da Lat, where adventure lovers can indulge themselves with canyoneering, white water rafting and a high ropes course. In the mountains northwest of Hanoi lies Sapa where nature lovers can embrace the serenity of the mountains with a tour to the Love and Silver waterfalls and the historic Cat Cat village.
Thailand tops the list, followed by Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos.
The number of foreign visitors to Vietnam in the first five-month of 2019 is estimated at nearly 7.3 million, up 8.8% against the same period last year, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO).
In the five-month period, increases were recorded in the number of holidaymakers from almost all markets, particularly Thailand (47,5%), Taiwan (China) (26%), South Korea (22.4%), Malaysia (14.5%), Japan (13%), among others.
Vietnam expects to welcome some 18 million international visitors this year, compared to 15.5 million in 2018.
- 5 Vietnamese destinations listed in top 19 Southeast Asia’s attractive places
- Saigon has one of the best nightlife in Southeast Asia: Rough Guides
- Vietnam’s floating markets among Southeast Asia’s most photogenic places
- Vietnam listed among best countries in Southeast Asia to visit
- Vietnam team ranks first in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam - important Swiss partner in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam football ranks second in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam – important Swiss partner in Southeast Asia
- Cong Vinh not yet recognized as the best player in Southeast Asia