|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc hosts Foreign Minister of Ivory Coast Amon-Tanoh.|
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc made the statement at a reception for Foreign Minister of Ivory Coast Marcel Amon-Tanoh in Hanoi on January 19.
The Vietnamese government leader voiced Vietnam’s support for commitments to stepping up cooperation between the two nations in economics as well as other fields, including national defence.
He called on the Ivory Coast to offer favourable conditions for Vietnamese enterprises to operate in the African country and for Vietnamese goods to gain entry into the market while hoping that businesses will augment trade promotion activities in the time ahead.
He urged both nations to optimise their strength in cashew export, cooperate with and provide mutual support in this regard.
The Ivory Coast would become a bridge for Vietnam to penetrate the African market while Vietnam would act as a gateway for the Ivory Coast to gain access to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as well as Vietnam’s major partners, he said.
In reply, Amon-Tanoh informed the PM about the outcomes of his talks with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh, saying the two sides discussed many solutions for the promotion of the bilateral ties in the time ahead.
The minister suggested both sides soon sign agreements on investment protection and double taxation avoidance so as to improve the efficiency of the bilateral economic ties.
Amon-Tanoh congratulated Vietnam on its recent election to a non-permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council for the 2020 – 2021 tenure with a record number of votes.
He also affirmed his nation’s readiness to share its experience with Vietnam in successfully performing this role while congratulating Vietnam’s attainments and contributions to peace keeping activities in Africa and South Sudan.
- Ivory Coast: Italian Ngo Avsi celebrates its 10th birthday
- Moroccan Delegation Discusses With Ivorian Counterparts about Morocco-Ivory Coast Cooperation
- Morocco-Ivory Coast Discuss Business Cooperation Opportunities
- Vehicle importation fraud in Ivory Coast
- Maryland County Relies On Ivory Coast for Food
- Ivory Coast seeks CAS intervention in Fifa 'relentless' demands
- I Coast president's party votes for coalition
- Training future football champions in Vietnam
- Google Wifi will soon test connections on multiple devices
- PM: Vietnam creates more opportunities for European investors