In a meeting with leaders of Vietnam Airlines in Can Tho city on June 13, Nam said the site was next to Can Tho International Airport.
After the project is approved, the city will complete procedures to give land to the carrier, he said while affirming the city will create the most favorable conditions to support Vietnam Airlines to build the logistics center.
Deputy CEO of Vietnam Airlines Trinh Hong Quang said the aviation logistics center project has an estimated investment capital of USD 82.9 million. It will be divided into three phases from this year to 2024, playing the role of cargo terminal, leasing space for services and distribution of goods.
|At the meeting|
Together with the construction of the center, Quang said the carrier will open more routes from Can Tho to other destinations in Vietnam and foreign countries.
Quang said Can Tho is the economic driving force of the Mekong Delta, having a favorable position connected to Ho Chi Minh City and localities in the Southwest region.
While the demand for e-commerce is growing dramatically, Vietnam Airlines believes that investment in building an aviation logistics center in Can Tho will not only promote the development of logistics services for the whole region, but also contribute to reducing overload for Tan Son Nhat and Long Thanh international airports in the future, Quang said.
According to Director of Can Tho Industry and Trade Department Nguyen Minh Toai, the aviation logistics center will help boost the sales of local agro-products and seafood in other areas of Vietnam, meeting the demand of many businesses.
Statistics showed that the region’s export volume is nearly 18 million tons per year, of which 70-80 percent is transported to HCM City and Southeast provinces before being shipped to other places. Can Tho city has an annual export volume of about 800,000 tons of rice and about 170,000 tons of aquatic products.
- Tesla is building more service centers alongside Model 3 launch
- NASCAR driver Martin Truex Jr. to honor Vietnam War hero from Kansas
- EU-funded project pushes arts, culture, creativity in Vietnam
- F1 In Vietnam? Southeast Asian Country Close To 2020 Race Hosting Deal
- Vietnam comments on Singapore PM’s speech at Shangri-La Dialogue
- Vietnam Open 2018: Ajay Jayaram enters final, Mithun Manjunath goes down fighting
- Nearly 500 youth join “Blue Vietnam Sea” campaign in Da Nang
- Netanyahu Welcomes Airlines Decision Not to Fly to Iran
- Đắk Lắk to build more solar power plants
- General Motors Investing $1B Into Warren Tech Center, Adding 2,600 Jobs