Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism’s Tourism Magazine and TikTok Vietnam officially began promoting Vietnam’s famous tourist spots and special tours on the video app TikTok on June 13.
The marketing programme has a very ambitious goal of producing and screening 30,000 short videos on the TikTok platform with a target of 100 million views. Videos will be featured under the brand hashtag of #HelloVietnam.
The first video in the series will be about Da Nang, and it is scheduled to be launched on June 15 under the hashtag #HelloDanang.
#HelloVietnam is part of the global tourism promotion campaign #TikTokTravel launched by TikTok to honour stunning tourism sites worldwide as well as nudge different cultures closer to each other.
The two sides have also started cooperation on developing marketing strategy as well as working on promotion campaigns in target markets like Japan, the Republic of Korea, Thailand and Australia.
TikTok, which has over 12 million users in Vietnam, pledges to cooperate with competent authorities and businesses to honour Vietnamese culture and tourism.
Close to 7.3 million foreign tourists visited Vietnam in the first five months of 2019, up 8.8 percent against the same period last year. The country aims to receive about 18 million foreign visitors this year. –VNA
- Vietnam launches tourism promotion campaign on Facebook
- Vietnam to Launch New Tourism Promotion Campaign This Month
- Wellness tourism promoted in Vietnam
- “Exciting Vietnam” national tourism promotion campaign launched
- Sri Lanka launches major tourism promotion campaign on CNN
- Vietnam tourism promotion campaign launched in Japan
- Vietnam launches tourism promotion campaign
- Vietnam blames ineffective tourism promotion campaigns on shoestring budget
- "Exciting Vietnam" national tourism promotion campaign launched