Quang Nam (VNA) – The Tam Ky team won the international women’s beach volleyball tournament, which took place in Ha Thanh beach in Tam Ky city of the central province of Quang Nam from June 14-17.
The team comprising of Vu Ngoc Lan Nguyen and Nguyen Le Thi Tuong Vy secured the first place after beating the Sanest Khanh Hoa team 2-1 in the final match on June 17.
Meanwhile, two teams of Ho Chi Minh City grabbed the second and third places.
The tournament’s organising board also presented prizes for the best player and Miss Beach Volleyball.
The international women’s beach volleyball tournament drew the participation of 14 domestic teams from Hai Phong, Khanh Hoa, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Soc Trang, Binh Thuan, Kien Giang and host Tam Ky, along with two teams from Singapore and Thailand.
Teams divided in four groups compete in a round-robin format with the top of each group qualifying for the quarter-finals. Eight teams ranking second and third place in the groups had to play a knock-out round for four berths in the quarter-finals.
The event formed part of series of cultural activities to boost summer tourism in the beach commune – 10km from Tam Ky city in central Quang Nam province.-VNA
- Alessandra Ambrosio flashes toned physique as she strips down to her bikini for game of beach volleyball in Santa Monica
- Kenya beach volleyball team sets eyes on gold medal at Africa Games
- NCD beat Tatana to seal beach volleyball gong
- King's rugby teams triumph on opening day of season
- Hawai'i volleyball reaching new (and old) heights
- London City Lionesses: Can a women's team thrive independently?
- Caretta caretta break record at ancient Patara beach
- Women's Irish Cup: Glentoran retain trophy after Linfield win
- Girls volleyball: Benet shines again at Scholastic Cup
- Prep notebook: Air Academy volleyball welcomes new coach with 20-plus years of experience