Son La (VNA) – Three tonnes of mangoes, grown in Yen Chau district in the northern mountainous province of Son La, were packaged on June 19 for flying to the UK.
Ha Van Son, Director of the Chieng Hac agricultural cooperative in Yen Chau, said his cooperative is tending 14 ha of mangoes under VietGap standards, with an estimated yield of 200 tonnes in service of export.
Earlier, Yen Chau mangoes are sold mainly in the domestic market and exported to China, he said.
Seeing the potential of exporting their mangoes to other countries, Yen Chau growers have applied international cultivation standards for exporting to markets with strict criteria.
As a result, seven tonnes of mangoes have been selected to ship to the UK in this June.
In 2019, Son La has 15,700 ha of mango farms which are expected to give yields of 35,500 tonnes, including 7,500 tonnes eligible for export.
In the first half of this year, the province shipped aboard nearly 3,000 tonnes of mangoes, including 10 tonnes for the UK market.
Son La is the fifth locality in the country following Dong Thap, Vinh Long, An Giang and Tien Giang and the first in the north to export mangoes to markets with high potential, like the UK.
Vietnamese mangoes have been exported to 40 countries and territories worldwide, including Japan, the Republic of Korea, Taiwan (China), the EU, Australia, the US, the UK and Canada.
It is the sixth fruit of Vietnam to be exported to the US, after dragon fruit, rambutan, longan, lychee and star apple.-VNA
- UK’s £100m weapons deal with Turkey ‘turns blind eye to rights abuse’
- Estanislao Fernández: Son of Argentinean President by Day, Drag Queen by Night
- Boris Johnson signals shift in UK policy on Syria's Assad
- Edouard Philippe annonce une retraite minimum garantie à 1 000 euros et "85% du SMIC dans la durée"
- Retraites : affluence en net repli pour la seconde vague de mobilisation
- UK election: Who are the political party leaders challenging Boris Johnson?
- Sterling slides on eve of UK election
- I’m A Celebrity stars Nadine Coyle, James Haskell and Cliff Parisi look happy to be home as they arrive back in the UK
- Dec Donnelly touches down in UK as I’m A Celebrity stars Nadine Coyle and Kate Garraway look happy to be home
- Joseph McCann: Fortnight of terror of 'one of the most dangerous criminals ever'