|Tran Huu The, Vice Chairman of the Phu Yen People’s Committee delivers a speech at the inauguration ceremony. (Photo: VNA)|
The solar power plant has received investment from a joint venture between Truong Thanh Vietnam Group Joint Stock Company and B.Grim of the Kingdom of Thailand.
Covering a total area of 265 hectares, construction on the plant first began in November 2018. The solar plant has been built with a design capacity of 257MWP and has a total investment capital of VND4,985 billion with Phu Yen TPP Joint Stock Company being the main investor of the project.
Dang Trung Kien, Chairman of the Management Board of Phu Yen TPP Joint Stock Company, said the Hoa Hoi solar power plant represents the largest renewable energy project in Phu Yen and throughout the central region.
By using the photovoltaic system, the plant has been equipped with 752,640 solar PV panels and is expected make a significant contribution to accelerating the area’s socio-economic development, ensuring national energy security, and generating jobs for local workers.
Addressing the inauguration ceremony, Tran Huu The, Vice Chairman of the Phu Yen People’s Committee, spoke highly of the implementation of the project in progress as agreed upon schedule.
The had requested that the main investor operate the project efficiently, obey regulations relating to environmental protection, pay special attention to social security, and raise awareness about the added energy efficiency brought about by the project.
The Hoa Hoi solar power plant project had begun commercial operation on June 10, 2019, marking the 30th anniversary of the establishment of Phu Yen province.
- India unveils its robotically maintained solar power plant — and it's truly huge
- Cities Skylines – How to Generate Electricity, Best Power Plants, Power Lines
- Cities Skylines Hydroelectric Power Plants (Dams) Guide
- Solar-powered trees are planted in Israel to charge phones, cool water and offer Wi-Fi
- Silicon, Solar Power and Corporate Responsibility, Part 1
- Tech Enables Solar Power to be Shared With Neighbors, Cutting Costs
- Can Elon Musk solve the world’s energy needs through solar power and electric cars?
- Bloom Energy's Mini Power Plant: Revolution or Hot Air?
- The LunaR solar-powered smartwatch looks like a classic timepiece
- Next-Gen Battery Tech Could Help Power Plants Go With the Flow